Big area to map?
- Divide that area into smaller squares.
- Let mappers map one by one in parallel.
- You are done.
Why am I not talking about
HOT Tasking Manager?
- Google drive and Slack
- Email address and 4%
The idea is (and why?)
- Divide functionality
- Support multiple clients (for multiple mappers needs)
- Let developers concentrate
- Communicate efficiently (mappers <-> client devs <-> server devs)
- Make it simple
- Motivate to contribute (discuss, propose, develop)
- Simple is efficient (in most cases)
What to expect …
… after 10 months of development in spare time?
- Separate repository for admins
- Step-by-step guide (I use it regularly when updating server)
- Just docker files and environment variables
Running $5/month instance
- I did load testing
- 100 mappers on (virtual testing) mapathon
- rough mapper’s behavior:
- take square
- map for 1 - 5 seconds
- wait for 1 - 2 seconds and take next square
- 6 seconds in average, the median was 3 seconds, no error
- Debian 10.2 x64
- 1 vCPU
- 1GB RAM
- 25GB (SSD, I think)